วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 18 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2551

Doing Business Online Does Skin Color Really Matter

Writen by Lance Winslow

Recently I had been conversing with a gentleman online about a business endeavor that he thought was worthy after he read one of my articles on a new personal technology device concept I had dreamed up. As we shot back nearly 50 pages worth of text in emails and forum discussions, it never occurred to me that we might be different races. Not that it makes any difference anyway, however the subject came up and I though I should ask. Turns out he is a Black American and I am white. My question was simply; BTW are you black? In his reply he said, he is a man who happens to be black (smile). And I did, because it doesn't matter.

So I said to him in my email reply; "Well stated Sir." And since he is a Black American Man, well then I thought we ought to use this to his advantage, because god knows there is still a bit of adversity that comes with a different color of skin, even if not all in our country are willing to admit that. He is considering on forming a new business, which will need lots of funding. You see I take an online newsletter, which comes from The Black Chamber of Commerce, which often lists all the programs available from the government to help small business. Some but not all look as if they could be a very good thing. I would not consider it a crutch, but hey if someone is going to help streamline the process of funding a business, any business regardless of who owns, well it is time to say; "Thanks, I can use that!"

In thinking on this gentleman's comments, it was hard to top his answer to my matter of factly asked question, but I gave it a shot and said; "Well I am a teenager at heart who happens to be white. But what the hell?" I decided to let him in on a personal secret of mine and told him;

"I can tell you this from sports, there were certainly times in Track, when I envied some of the other athletes for their agility in sprinting. Because at the end of a mile run, I sure as hell wish and would have given anything to have had some of the faster twitch genes in my body, because getting passed in those last 30-yards is worse than death, it truly sucks."

Indeed in sports the best athlete usually wins; that is to say the best trained, strongest willed, best genes and skill; it is the combination that counts. Luckily in sports I was able to make up for my inferior genes in sports, often enough, thru countless extra hours of beating my body into submission, it was something I overcame and it was not easy. You see while there are some differences in genetics, it is ever so slight and usually not enough to ever be noticeable. In fact in being white, I am not really sure what my genes are good at, but molecular genetic professors tell me that my earwax is greaser? So, What the hell? Not sure that does me any good in any other human endeavor. Its all good! So let's not sweat the small stuff, we are all on the same planet and therefore we are all on the same team. Think on it.

Lance Winslow - Online Think Tank forum board. If you have innovative thoughts and unique perspectives, come think with Lance; www.WorldThinkTank.net/wttbbs/

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: